Wed21Nov20186:00 pmPlatf9rm, Tower Point, 44 North Road, Floor 6, Brighton
Its Automation Time!
This session we are going to cover:
- Describing what automation is within the context of software testing
- Breaking down an application to discover automation opportunities
- Describing the different characteristics of automated checks
- Choosing specific tools for specific problems that can contribute to a successful automation strategy
If you are unsure what this session is going to be about, this video should give you a nice taster for the rest of the evening:
Arrive from 6pm
The session kicks off at 6:30 with a break for food around 45 minutes-1 hour in to the session.
We will finish just before 9pm.
Software testing Clinic is a safe place for students and mentors to learn about software testing.
This session is kindly sponsored By Legal and General and venue is provided by Platf9rm.
Wed28Nov20186:00 pmDeloitte Offices, 7 Cromac Avenue, Belfast
WANT TO JOIN US? SIGN UP on the meetup page:
Our second installment of the Software Testing Clinic Belfast follows swiftly after our first. We're going to explore what software testing. There will be exercises on the night to see a handful of the different approaches you can take while testing.
By the end of the session students will:
- Discover what it is that Software testing clinic does.
- Describe what software testers do.
- Debate the difference between testing and checking.
- Discover that software testing is a complex role.
Before the session
Students will be recommended to view the following video:
- What is testing? – https://dojo.ministryoftesting.com/lessons/99-second-introduction-to-testing
Note, our very wonderful hosts Deloitte will be providing us with food and drink for the night. If you have any dietary restrictions please let us know.
Wed28Nov20186:30 pmExperian - The Sir John Peace Building, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park
Software Testing Clinic (http://softwaretestingclinic.com) Midlands is fast approaching and as ever we are looking for budding mentors to come help us with each session.
Mentors play a very important part of each clinic. Our goal is to have 1 mentor per 3-4 students. The role of the mentor is to support the students they are paired with. The topics vary month to month, so some sessions you may want to be a student, but if you feel experienced enough on the topic I suggest being a mentor.
To help support potential mentors, we're providing a session purely focused on what it means to be an SWTC mentor and how Software Testing Clinic works.
We'll answer any questions, give you some tools to assist you in mentoring and take on any suggestions for future sessions. So come to take that next step and become a mentor in a safe supported environment.
If you want to sign up, please use our meetup page
Thanks to our sponsors for this event https://www.experian.co.uk/